Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Going Home!!!!!

Yah! Well since this is a teaching Hospital I have had about 3 different Doctor's come in and tell me that we will be going home today, so not to disappoint each of them for bringing me the good news I act surprised and excited for each of them...lol It is just hard to find 3 different excited facial expressions....hahaha. Paula and I are both ready to go home and sleep in our own beds, and she just can't wait to run around she is so done with this laying in bed thing. I have been trying to tell her that when she is older that is all she will want to do. =) Well anyway, Paula had a good night last night but I must say it is really weird not having to get up and suction her when she coughs. She did do a lot of coughing last night though, which is a good thing to get out all of the junk. Another wonderful discovery she has made is drinking out of a straw! We were having such a hard time with her learning that, because she never drank out of a bottle she wasn't quiet sure how to suck liquid out of a cup or straw. So, on monday I put a straw up to her mouth and she took a couple of tries and juice came out so she has been a straw drinking fool the past couple of days....It is amazing the difficulties that come with having a preemie, developmental milestones that come naturally to a full term baby take time and practice for most preemies. I just thank my Heavenly Father every chance I get, to be lucky enough to have such a wonderful spirit so close to me. Paula with be 2 on the 13th and boy what a wonderful Birthday AND Christmas present!

3 comments:

The Parks Family said...

I'm so glad you've been updating your blog about your sweet little girl, Paula. So glad to here everything is going well for you guys. Hey, if you want an invite into my blog just email me at theparksfam@gmail.com

Katie said...

Congratulations! I wish I could be there to see her running around!

Wendy said...

Nicole and Chris, I am so happy Paula is doing good!! Thank goodness. I miss talking to the both of you!