Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Miracle

This is our precious piece of heaven a couple of weeks after she was born. She came into this world on December 13th, 2006 when her actual due date was March 16th, 2007. That's right, a whole 14 weeks premature. She weighed 1 lb 13 oz. and was a mere 13 inches long. She has had a very rough start. And for those of you who do not know her story (which I find hard to believe because we share it with everyone we know) we were once told that there was no way she would be able to breathe on her own, and we should consider thinking about how long we wanted to sustain her on the ventilator. I remember that day as if it were yesterday. We sat across the table from her doctors and nurses that took care of her and my answer to that question was "If she is not meant to be here any longer then I will not have to make that decision." But the Lord had other plans for his little one.

And this is her today, a beautiful, vibrant, active toddler who keeps me on my toes along with her 4 month old brother C.J. We love you Paula Marie, and can't imagine a day without you. You and your brother are the light of my life.

2 comments:

My25Cents said...

A big shout out to my sweet niece Paula! I remember these days like it just happened - and even though you're doing so well, your tia never stops praying for you. You make me smile on the inside! Ojitos!

TerraSue said...

Paula Marie i love & miss you so much!Aunt Terra & Cousin Ayden can't wait to see you at the end of june..I'm glad your doing so good and you help your mommy take care of your little brother c.j. mmk. <3